1. Replace standard bulbs with CFLs (compact fluorescent light bulbs).
2. Plug electronics into a power strip and turn the strip off when not in use
3. Make sure your walls and ceilings are well insulated.
4. Wash clothes in cold water to cut down on water heating
5. Always turns off lights when you leave a room. Also, open blinds and curtains during the daytime to use natural light.
6. Change or clean AC air filters once a month.
7. On colder days, open blinds and curtains to let the sun help heat your house so your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard.
8. Run your dishwasher only when it is completely full and turn off the drying cycle so the dishes can air dry instead.
9. Open windows when weather permits to let the natural air flow cool your house instead of the AC.
10. Turn outside lights off when you go to bed. If possible, use solar powered lights that can charge all day in the natural sunlight.