10 Ways to Make Less Garbage
1. Drink your coffee, water, and soda out of reusable mugs and bottles instead of plastic or paper containers.
2. Sell, give away, or donate reusable items, such as clothes or furniture, instead of throwing them away.
3. Buy rechargeable batteries and recycle your old ones.
4. Bring your own reusable bags when shopping
5. Buy recycled paper instead of new and print on both sides of the paper
6. Bring your lunch to work in a reusable lunch box, packed with reusable containers and utensils, instead of paper bags and plastic silverware.
7. Cancel any unwanted subscriptions you receive and opt out of junk mail.
8. When buying beverages, buy large bottles or jugs instead of individual cans or bottles.
9. Compost food waste in your backyard.
10. Most importantly, RECYCLE ANYTHING YOU ARE ABLE TO INSTEAD OF THROWING IT AWAY.